Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Is Sandwich, Is Not Sandwich.

We've had some interesting comments in our is sandwich is not sandwich debate lately.

Firstly, I actually agree with treywrage on his earlier point. I do hold my assertion that he AND his philosophy degree are adorable though. (See "crude taxonomy" on the comments)

Anyhow, I tend to be a loose constructionist when it comes to sandwich categorization.

I do have some notable exceptions to this though.

This area has been well tread, but, those bullshit-ornamental-sandwich-animal-face-whatevers, which have been talked to death by pat, will not, nor will they ever, earn the title of sandwich by me.

Pat can call me a goddamn fascist and other names, but in the end, he'll be eating the shitty-sandwiches.

Like many of you, I am somewhat tenuous in adding wraps, such as pita pockets, to the sandwich family, but there's often good sandwich intent there.

We know for sure a burrito is most definitely not a sandwich. There's firm judicial precedent.

There are many pita pockets, however, that are more like sandwiches than burritos, except for their use of unleavened bread.

It's a difficult question, my friends, and I'd be willing to a lot of sandwiches and wraps to find out.

A burger is definately sandwich. No argument there.

Unless it's a boca burger. Then it's a doorstop.

Or maybe a paperweight.

A bookend?

No comments: