So I've been to a lot of supermarkets lately, and there's a common thread throughout many of the cooking/household/women's magazines lately. There is always a "Great tips for those Thanksgiving leftovers," or "What to do with all that turkey."
ugh.
Like it's that difficult to figure it out. I've got a tip: Put it in your mouth.
Yeah. Eat it. It was delicous the first time. It's going to be delicious a day, or even a week later.
Where I come from, we have pre and post Thanksgivings, all, hopefully, with enough food leftover to eat it again. Thanksgiving is probably one of the most delicious holidays ever. Everyone loves it. I even know a
Anyway, back to what I was saying.
Do you seriously need a recipe to figure out what to do with the left overs? Sweet-potato turkey fritata? Turkey salad? Potato-turkey latake?
No. Fuck! What a way to ruin a wonderful meal.
You basically have three delcious options to use those leftovers. All pretty much pertain to this blog, and all a pretty much required.
1.) Just eat it like you did on Thanksgiving. Easy.
2.) Sandwich. On top of the turkey, you can stick as many sidedishes as you want in this sandwich. I recommend potatoes, stuffing green beans and gravy as a start.
3.) Soup. Don't throw away that carcass yet, no! Boil it for a good while till you have a stock, add a little leftover turkey meat, vegetables, some noodles, spices, whatever. Soup is easy. You could probably leave the house for 3 days with a big pot of soup on the stove and come back to some amazing stuff.
Anyway, thats my rant. I'm really excited for my Thanksgivings this year.
3 comments:
I think I'm making soup this weekend. You missed some good leftover sandos.
Dano don't tell me these things. It just makes me more hungry for turkey.
ME WANT FOOOOD!
i'm not sure which one of you posted this, but regardless, you know who you are.
Do you know the feeling you get when you're reading something great, and timeless, and clearly crafted with a man's eye for heroism? -Like when you're reading the introduction to Moby Dick? This post isn't about sandwiches it's about thanksgiving. but thanksgiving is about turkey. and turkey is about sandwich. Good work fellas.
Post a Comment